Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Enlightenment: Mino, 1960 electric coffee pot


Jul 28 2008

Enlightenment: Mino, 1960 electric coffee pot, 120V, 450W, with rooster & hen pattern ?



The story of the broken porcelain (clay) circa Japan, 1960, coffee set.


Years ago, around 1985-1986, I was yard sale searching, in Pulaski,
Tennessee.

I found a 15 piece, rooster & hen design, vintage electric coffee maker
with accessories. Marked with Japan on the bottom, and the letter
` M `, for the designer.

Over the years, I wanted to keep this set in mint condition.

However, when I remodeled the kitchen, in 2001, the contractors
broke some of these pieces.

Sick to my stomach, I just stored all of the set together, broken pieces
included. I wanted to avoid dealing with the issue that the porcelain (clay)
was damaged beyond repair.

For several weeks, this July 2008, I have been forcing myself to re-examine
these broken porcelain (clay) pieces.

So 22-23 years later, I am thinking of how my life is an example of the
broken porcelain coffee set.

From 2001, until today July 28th, 2008, is a good seven (7) year
period of self-reflection. Please allow me to share what I think these
broken porcelain (clay) pieces mean.

I salvaged the Electric Coffee Pot, three cups, three saucers and
the creamer.

Broken were three cups, three saucers and the sugar bowl.

I sat @ my desk, cleaning the salvaged pieces. Finally throwing in the
garbage the broken pieces. Although, not in mint condition the remaining
saved porcelain (clay) pieces, are setting on my desk, as I write these
tributes.

I ask God (IHVH) to fill the electric coffee maker with ()new dreams,
()new hope, ()new inspiration . . .

Each of the three cups with saucers, are the sharing with other's, this
symbolic meaning :

* cup/saucer #1 = new dreams

* cup/saucer #2 = new hope

* cup/saucer #3 = new inspiration

And the tiny little creamer, with its `spout`, set on my desk just waiting
for me to see its potential.

And I cried out, " Yes my Lord, I am the creamer ".

Again, I cry to the Lord, " Yes, I want to be your creamer ".

Pour the milk of the Word of God (IHVH) into my creamer porcelain (clay)
vessel. Let me receive the elementary rudiment teachings, of the foundations
of your Divine Truth's.

I receive these affirmations my dear loving Father, I call upon your mercy
toward me, for allowing the precious porcelain (clay), to be unprotected from the raging bull in the china shop.

I speak not of the broken value of the vintage coffee set.

I speak, Father, of all the unprotected treasures within human beings, that
I have a journey with.

I see clearly, 1/2 of the coffee set is not salvaged.

1/2 is salvaged.

I pray, that the next years of my life, that I will never forget to leave
precious porcelain (clay), in the hands of the enemy unprotected.

The wounds of people are as `clay`, that are appointed unto us. We may think we can trust a contractor, to watch over the treasure. `Do not` trust precious things to outsider's . . . who invade the home/hearth and steal the memories
of the family heirlooms.

Isaiah 64:8

King James Bible

But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Father, renew my faith in humanity. Renew my desire for the love
toward mankind. Amen !

No comments:

Post a Comment